- 25−27 September 2017: As part of the Research Unit activities, the International Conference "Planet Formation and Evolution 2017" with about 150 participants was held in Jena (press release).
- 1 February 2017: Doreen Turner joined the Research Unit to work on the Project P7.
- 5 January 2017: Christian Schüppler successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congratulations Dr. Schüppler!
- 17 November 2016: Nicole Pawellek successfully defended her PhD thesis. Congratulations Dr. Pawellek!
- 1 June 2016: Dr. Mark Booth joined the Research Unit to work on the Project P3.
- 1 April 2016: Dr. Alexey Potapov joined the Research Unit to work on the Project P8.
1 April 2016:
Dr. Torsten Löhne gets a permanent position at the AIU/FSU Jena.
- 17 February 2016: A cluster of 8 numeric servers with a total of 96 GenuineIntel Xeon E5-2620 v3 cores was delivered and put into operation. The cluster will be used for simulations in the projects P1, P2, and P3.
- 17 December 2015: A Time-Domain Spectroscopy Platform TeraFlash was delivered and installed. The platform will enable spectroscopic measurements in the sub-millimeter and millimeter wavelength range in the project P5.
- 15 December 2015: Approval of Humboldt fellowship for Dr. Agnese Fazio
- 23 November 2015: Prof. Stefan Nolte was elected as Fellow of the Optical Society OSA (announcement, press release).
- 13 July 2015: Habilitation of Dr. Torsten Löhne