Reviews in Modern Astronomy 17
Edited by Reinhard E. Schielicke on behalf of the
X+314 pages. Weinheim: Wiley-VCH, 2003. ISBN 3-527-40476-7
The yearbook series Reviews in Modern Astronomy
of the Astronomische Gesellschaft (AG) was established in 1988 in
order to bring the scientific events of the meetings of the society
to the attention of the worldwide astronomical community.
Reviews in Modern Astronomy is devoted
exclusively to the invited Reviews, the Karl Schwarzschild Lectures,
the Ludwig Biermann Award Lectures, and the Highlight contributions
from leading scientists reporting on recent progress and scientific
achievements at their respective research institutes.
Volume 17 continues the yearbook series with
contributions which were presented during the
International Scientific Conference of the AG on
"The Sun and Planetary Systems - Paradigms for the Universe"
at Freiburg i.Br. from September 15 to 20, 2003.
- Karl Schwarzschild Lecture:
What Hyades F Stars tell us about Heating Mechanisms
in the outer Stellar Atmospheres
By Erika Boehm-Vitense
- Ludwig Biermann Award Lecture:
Sunspots as seen in Polarized Light
By Luis R. Bellot Rubio
By Michael Stix
- Simulating Radiative Magneto-convection in the Solar Photosphere
By Alexander Vögler
- Structure and Dynamics of the Low Corona of the Sun
By Hardi Peter
- Jupiter's Dust Disk - An Astrophysical Laboratory
By Harald Krüger
- Planet Formation - Is the Solar System misleading?
By Günther Wuchterl
- Experimental Studies on the Dusty History of the Solar System
By Torsten Poppe
- High-resolution X-ray Plasma Diagnostics of Stellar Coronae
in the XMM-Newton and Chandra Era
By Jan-Uwe Ness
- omega Cen - an Ultra Compact Dwarf Galaxy?
By Mike Fellhauer
- Cosmology with Supernovae
By Bruno Leibundgut
- Interferometric Imaging in Astronomy: A Personal Retrospective
By Jacques M. Beckers
- The New World of Scattering Physics
Seen by High-precision Imaging Polarimetry
By Jan O. Stenflo
Reinhard E. Schielicke
Letzte Änderung: 10. August 2004