- 1 December 2019: Several positions are now filled. Dr. Mark Booth started working on the Project P1, Dr. Tim Pearce joined the Research Unit to work on the Project P3, and M.Sc. Thomas Stuber is a new graduate student in the Project P4.
- 1 April 2019: The German Research Foundation (DFG) has approved the prolongation of our Research Unit for another three years. We anticipate exciting research and new impressive results in the second phase! (press releases of the DFG and FSU, see also this announcement)
- 13 December 2018: Alexey Potapov (project scientist of P8) successfully completed his “Habilitation”. Torsten Löhne (project leader of P2) received the venia legendi (teaching permission) and is now a “Privatdozent”.
- 7 December 2017: Cornelia Jäger (project leader of P8) successfully completed her “Habilitation”. Congratulations Conny on your “Dr. habil.”!
- 25−27 September 2017: As part of the Research Unit activities, the International Conference "Planet Formation and Evolution 2017" with about 150 participants was held in Jena (press release).
- 1 February 2017: Doreen Turner joined the Research Unit to work on the Project P7.
- 5 January 2017: Christian Schüppler successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congratulations Dr. Schüppler!
- 17 November 2016: Nicole Pawellek successfully defended her PhD thesis. Congratulations Dr. Pawellek!
- 1 June 2016: Dr. Mark Booth joined the Research Unit to work on the Project P3.
- 1 April 2016: Dr. Alexey Potapov joined the Research Unit to work on the Project P8.
1 April 2016:
Dr. Torsten Löhne gets a permanent position at the AIU/FSU Jena.
- 17 February 2016: A cluster of 8 numeric servers with a total of 96 GenuineIntel Xeon E5-2620 v3 cores was delivered and put into operation. The cluster will be used for simulations in the projects P1, P2, and P3.
- 17 December 2015: A Time-Domain Spectroscopy Platform TeraFlash was delivered and installed. The platform will enable spectroscopic measurements in the sub-millimeter and millimeter wavelength range in the project P5.
- 15 December 2015: Approval of Humboldt fellowship for Dr. Agnese Fazio
- 23 November 2015: Prof. Stefan Nolte was elected as Fellow of the Optical Society OSA (announcement, press release).
- 13 July 2015: Habilitation of Dr. Torsten Löhne